The pediatric providers, medical staff, and lab technicians of Children's Medical Clinics are committed to providing you with the finest pediatric healthcare available. We provide the following services:
- Newborn care at Texas Health Presbyterian Dallas
- Well child care from birth through college
- Sick care and same day appointments
- After hours care
- 24 hour a day, 7 day a week physician and medical staff phone coverage
- On site laboratory testing
- Testing and treatment for ADD
- On site EKG, pulmonary function and allergy testing
- School and sports physicals
- Developmental screenings
- Counseling and education on behavior, safety, nutrition, and other topics
- Care for children with special health needs
- Care for foster children
- Treatment for childhood asthma
- Application of fluoride varnish to prevent tooth decay
Your child's well visits focus on age-appropriate health, nutrition, developmental issues, and immunizations.
Our usual schedule for well child examinations is:
- 3-5 days
- 2 weeks
- 1 month
- 2 months
- 4 months
- 6 months
- 9 months
- 12 months
- 15 months
- 18 months
- 24 months
- 30 months
- Yearly from 3-18
Sick Visits and Medical Advice
For your convenience, our staff are available beginning at 7:30 a.m. to make appointments for sick and well visits. We understand your time is valuable. We have made it easier for you to have your child seen first thing in the morning. Our medical staff are available beginning at 8:00 a.m. to discuss your child's health issues and concerns.
Medical staff from our office are always available when the office is closed to answer urgent questions and respond to emergencies. The “on-call” medical staff may be reached by calling our office at 972-932-1319 or directly 214-202-9511.
If you are dealing with a life-threatening emergency, please call 911 for an ambulance or go directly to the closest emergency room. The emergency room physician will communicate with us so that we can coordinate your child's care. In case of ingestion of unusual substances, please call the poison control center at 1-800-222-1222 immediately.
Children's Medical Clinics has a CLIA certified laboratory in the office so that your child's laboratory testing can be done at the time of your visit. Our laboratory is able to perform a wide range of evaluations including complete blood counts, lead testing, bilirubin levels, liver function tests, chemistry and kidney function tests, X-rays, strep screens, flu screens, throat cultures, urinalyses, and urine cultures.