Injuries and illnesses don't always happen at convenient times. Fortunately, the after-hours clinic at Children's Medical Clinics in Kaufman, TX, offers evening and weekend care should your child have an injury, high fever or another health emergency. Staffed by pediatrician Dr. C. Turner Lewis and our pediatric providers, the clinic offers an alternative to emergency room visits for most illnesses. We are proud to serve these counties: Dallas, Ellis, Henderson, Hunt, Kaufman, Navarro, Rains, Rockwall, Wood, and Van Zandt.
When to call the after-hours clinic
Is your child limping after a fall off the trampoline or complaining about ear pain? If your son or daughter has a problem that isn't life-threatening but should be evaluated as soon as possible, it's a good idea to call Children's Medical Clinics' after-hours clinic staff. The after-hours clinic is on-call from 430-7 p.m. Monday thru Thursday and from 830am until noon on Saturday/ In addition, we provide one of our pediatric staff by phone after these hours. Please call our main number at 972-932-1319 for instructions to reach us by phone after the above hours.
The healthcare providers can:
- Treat Illnesses: Illnesses often seem to worsen in the evenings or during weekends when most doctor's offices aren't open. The after-hours clinic is the ideal place to call if your child is suffering from a virus, earache, sore throat, vomiting, diarrhea, fever, stomachache or other ailments. Thanks to the on-site laboratory, you won't have to wait days to get your child's lab results.
- Examine Rashes: Not sure if that rash is just a skin problem or a sign of an allergic reaction? It's best to be cautious and have your child examined as soon as possible.
- Treat Injuries: The providers at our after-hours clinic often see kids who've been hurt on the playground or playing field. They can stitch a cut, treat minor burns and sprains, and X-ray a painful arm or leg to determine if your child has a fracture.
- Ease Asthma Symptoms: Has your child's asthma flared up? Our after-hours staff can test your child's pulmonary function and help him or her manage asthma symptoms. (If your child is struggling to breathe, turning blue, breathing rapidly, panting or gasping, confused or can't speak in complete sentences, call 911 immediately.)
- Evaluate Eye Problems: The clinic can also diagnose and treat minor eye injuries and illnesses, like pink eye.
Does your child need to visit our after-hours clinic at Children's Medical Clinics? Call (972) 932-1319 to make an appointment with one of pediatric providers. Our practice also serves these counties: Dallas, Ellis, Henderson, Hunt, Kaufman, Navarro, Rains, Rockwall, Wood, and Van Zandt.