- University of Texas at Arlington – Bachelors of Science in Nursing 1995
- University of Texas at Arlington - Masters of Science Nursing Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Primary Care 2009
- University of Texas at Arlington - Post Masters Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Acute Care 2010
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- North Texas Nurse Practitioners
Started with Practice:
- July 2018
Karen is a Board Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner in Primary and Acute Care. She is bringing over 20 years’ experience in Pediatric field with 8 years as a Nurse practitioner. Karen’s career started at Cook Children’s in Fort Worth as both a Nurse and Nurse Practitioner on the Medical Unit and Emergency Department before transitioning to Primary Care and Acute Care Clinics in Texas and Florida.
Karen feels passionate about the Family-Centric model of healthcare delivery and believes that family involvement, education and a playful heart are the foundation for holistic growth and development of our children. Karen served as Adjunct Faculty at University of Texas at Arlington (UTA) guiding Pediatric Nursing Students at Children’s Medical Center in Dallas. Karen’s tenure at Cooks, Childrens Medical Centers, UTA and clinic settings afforded many opportunities to treat a wide variety of diverse populations and health disorders. Her special healthcare interests include Asthma, Allergies, Immunology and Infectious Disease. Karen currently resides in Grand Prairie where she enjoys culinary endeavors, reading, yoga, water sports, art museums, and family time with her two sons.